Thursday 23 May 2013

The head is cast!

I coated the mould with washing liquid so that the two silicones didn't stick and then I painted Gel-10 silicone onto the inside of the two mould halves. I then placed the foam core into the mould to save using a lot of silicone and then put the mould together and filled it with silicone. When the silicone had cured I removed the cast and trimmed any excess silicone. The cast came out with a flawed mould line as the two mould halves didn't fit together properly because the head core was too big, so I had to cut the head apart and re-glued it. This, however, gave me the opportunity to fit the eyes accurately whilst the face was separate from the head. If I was to repeat this I would create the head core more accurately.



















No comments:

Post a Comment