Wednesday 10 April 2013

Life Casting

These are photographs of my life cast being moulded. I used a swimming cap and masking tape to cover my hair and I covered my head in vaseline to make removing the mould easier. I made especially sure that my eyebrows and eyelashes were covered in vaseline so that they wouldn't stick to the alginate. I covered the back of my head in plaster bandage as there is not as much detail to capture. After the many layers have dried we rubbed vaseline on the bandages so that when the two parts of the mould are made they will separate. We then put alginate on my face to capture all the detail and pressed bandages into it whilst it was wet so that the plaster bandages would stick to the alginate. We then covered my face in plaster bandages and when it was dry I removed the mould. I then sealed the mould together and filled it with Crystacal plaster. I had to pull the mould apart to remove the cast.















No comments:

Post a Comment